Amsterdam is among the finest travelers’ destinations in the world today. Visit the cultural and ancient monuments and make the most out of your Amsterdam trip.
Some of the best cafes, museums, picturesque canals and art galleries are found in Amsterdam. The Amsterdam attractions surpass the definitions of beauty and culture; the city is renowned as the “Unforgettable City”. A single tour will not suffice to understand the city.
Places which you must visit
• Explore the beauty of the Amsterdam canal ring as you stride along the canal streets.
• Rijksmuseum is perhaps the major museum in the Netherlands which allows the public to visit the museum any time.
• Most of the tourists visit the city for the Van Bough museum which has around 555 sketches with 2000 paintings. The paintings illustrate Van Gogh in diverse moods.
• The Begijnhof is the narrow corridor that opens up to the picturesque garden surrounded by classy scenery old houses.
• The Oude Kerk is an antique protestant church offering serenity and peace of mind.
• The Amsterdam Brown coffee cafes are one of the prominent Amsterdam attractions.
• The Magere Brug is a conventional double-leaf Dutch draw-bridge which connects either sides of the Amstel River.
• One of the fine epitomes of art and architecture is the Civic Guards Gallery.
• The place where Anne Frank secretly wrote her diary during World War II is the Anne Frank House.
Things you must do
• Avail of innumerable entertainment opportunities by visiting the Vondelpark.
• Behold the celebratory performances at the Dam Square and relish the food and drinks that the restaurants and food courts offer.
• The Bloemenmarkt is the only single flower market in the world which is also one of the finest Amsterdam attractions.
• Visit the Rijksmuseum which is perhaps the earliest museums in the city.
• Without a walk down the Red Light district, your Amsterdam trip is incomplete.
• The Skinny Bridge lies above the Amstel River and comprises of a cafe and a theatre on both sides.
Shopping and Sports in the city
Amsterdam is the perfect heaven for shopping. Some of the prominent places of shopping are the Abert Cuyp and the Dam Square. For window shopping, Red Light District is the perfect option. You need no money for window shopping. There is 400 sports club in Amsterdam. The important sports in the city are cycling, squash, tennis, table tennis, golf, riding, outdoor ice skating, and korfball.
How to spend nightlife
Another among the prominent Amsterdam attractions is the vibrant nightlife of the city. No wonder, it is called the “Gateway of Europe”. The irresistible pleasure and the diverse night culture can be experienced by visiting any of the bars or nightclubs.
Known as the “City of Festivals”, the major festivals of the city include Open Garden Days Uitmarkt, Grachtenfestival, etc. The other festivals celebrated are the music festivals, fairs and parades, film festivals and art festivals.