Rio de Janeiro is the most attractive tourist places of the world. Each year and in every season, tourists are seen paying visit to this wonderful place for the first time and there are also many retuning souls. The place is known for its warmth and the unique thing is the poor residents are more than welcoming and willing to help you navigate through the city.
Rio de Janeiro is the second biggest city of Brazil; it is definitely the cultural capital and the most important transportation hub for international purpose, the city is a crowd puller with its mountains, beaches, and rain forests.
Places which you must visit
- You can go to Zona Sul (south zone) to visit beaches and have sightseeing adventures
- The Sugar Loaf Mountain gives such a wide view of the city that you would absolutely love climbing it.
- Do not miss the Sensorial Garden and the Orquidário. You would love to see these botanical gardens on a cloudy day with treetops protecting you.
- Visit the Bohemian localities of Santa Teresa. You can go there by an old yellow tram costing R$0.6/-
- Don’t forget to go to the Tijuca National Park for seeing waterfalls like Mayrink Chapel and Taunay Waterfall and many other attractions along the path.
- Go to Cinelândia for seeing the Municipal Theatre and the National Library. The Fine Arts Museum here is also very interesting and all these places will make you learn more about the culture and history of Brazil
Things you must do
- Spending days at the sandy, turquoise watered beaches is a must. The beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema top the list of tourist-favorites.
- You can snorkel, surf, stroll along the beach or enjoy a tan- it’s all up to you and your special someone.
- You can go to Escola de Pao for an appetizing brunch or if you have a family, the Carolina’s offers heavy meals with something to suit every taste.
- Tijuca’s rainforests are perfect for a hiking adventure (besides sightseeing of course).
- Take a train ride to Cosme Vlho to go up the Corcovado and enjoy the beautiful view beneath.
- Rent a bike and go easy from the beaches of Lagao to Lama. View the extremely expensive properties lining the coasts. Just make the trip on Sundays when some roads are closed and don’t wear expensive stuff.
Shopping and Sports In the city
The Artisan Market of Fierre Hippie is a traditionally popular one. It sells jewelry, clothes, decorations and other exhibits for you to take home as souvenirs. The Ipanema beach offers beach volley ball a traditional Brazil sport for you to play or just watch. You can go to Azeda beach to join die-hard surfers.
How to spend Nightlife
The Rua Des Pedras is a cool place to join up-class bars and nightclubs alongwith Santa Teresa. Restaurants, eateries, and live music are very easy to find in these places to enjoy your night.
Rio has a famous Carnaval at Sambodromo where music schools perform. You can enjoy the performances and strut your stuff in pure ecstasy here.